is a D&B D-U-N-S® Number?
- The D&B D-U-N-S® Number is D&B's distinctive nine-digit
identification sequence, which links you to a wealth of quality information
products and services originating exclusively from D&B. The D&B
D-U-N-S® Number is an internationally recognized common company
identifier in EDI and global electronic commerce transactions.
- The world's most influential standards-setting organizations, more
than 50 global, industry and trade associations, and the U.S. Federal
Government recognize, recommend and/or require the D&B D-U-N-S®
- D&B D-U-N-S® Numbers are the key to building corporate family
relationships in the D&B file. Since each location of a business
may have its own unique D&B D-U-N-S® Number, a large organization
is likely to have many different D&B D-U-N-S® Numbers within
its corporate "family." D&B links the D&B D-U-N-S®
Numbers of parents, subsidiaries, headquarters and branches on more
than 70 million corporate family members around the world.
Who else uses D-U-N-S® Numbers?
What is benefit for buyer when reviewing suppliers or venders?
- American National Standards Institute ANSI ASC X12 -- since 1989.
- United Nations/Electronic Data Interchange for Administration, Commerce
and Transport/UN EDIFACT Council -- since 1991.
- European Commission (EDIRA).
- International Standards Organization (ISO) -- since 1993.
- United States Federal Government
- Electronic Commerce Acquisition Team (ECAT) -- since 1994
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
- United States Postal Service (USPS)
- North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- The supplier or vender is verified by D&B.
- The supplier or vender is a legal entity.
- For buyers, it is easy to understand and identify the supplier or
the vendor’s background.